04 September 2006

Namibia. It's on.

That's right boys and girls, in just four short days I will shuffle off for foreign shores yet again as I embark upon a spring break odyssey to Namibia. Matt, Kevin, Mark and I will be taking a private safari, hitting all the highlights. Here's our itinerary so you can get jealous. (I realize I make you jealous a lot. Rest assured, I'm perfectly okay with that.)

Day 1: Fly from Cape Town to Windhoek and overnight in a hostel.
Day 2: Begin our safari tour by traveling to Sesriem, home of a huge canyon and right near...
Day 3: Dawn at Dune 45, Sossusvlei. For the uninitiated, that is apparently the spot where heaven and earth meet the rising sun. (Not my description, totally ganked from some travel diary online. But I can't wait to see it.) Then travel to Swakopmund for an afternoon of sandboarding and/or quad biking. My roommates may skydive. I, of course, will not.
Day 4: More of sunny, seaside Swakopmund (That's where Angelina Jolie had Brad Pitt's baby, by the way - not that I care, I just thought you might...though Angelina Jolie is really, really hot) before setting off back towards Windhoek on the way to Etosha National Park.
Day 5: Arrive at Etosha, proceed to see/get eaten by lions, rhinos, elephants, water buffalo, etc.
Day 6: More animals and camping.
Day 7: Even MORE Etosha!
Day 8: One last game drive through the herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain before returning to Windhoek for our flight back to Cape Town.

So I'd say that's an action packed week. I'll work on getting some pictures up when I get back. Pretty sure you'll want to see those.

Cheers.

1 comment:

James said...

All that natural splendor, Lions, rhinos, sunsets, etc, and you have to get the Angelia reference in.

Christ, I hope you get nailed by a stingray, Irwin stylee.