25 July 2006

Knocked for Six!

Yup. I played cricket this afternoon.

My new South African friend Mike took me and my housemate Kevin to Pinelands Cricket Club where he is a batsman on the 4th Team and led us in a net session. I held my own against his spin bowling getting in a couple good knocks, though my technique definitely needs some work. Kevin too had a good run before getting stumped by one of Mike's slower balls.

Then Mike stood in against us and hit some outstanding shots to long on. Clearly my line and length need work, but I did manage to get him to edge on back to the "wicket-keeper" and I would have had his wicket with a fast yorker.

Absolutely one of the best experiences since I've been here. And we're braaiing tonight. Yum, boerewors.

But first, I'll nap. Totsiens!

No comments: