24 August 2006

Keepin' It Light, Keepin' it Fresh (Back In Action Edition!)

A few quick notes on an overcast Thursday morning here in Rosebank:

- Had my first bout with sickness in Africa yesterday. Despite my parents' claims that I was suffering from amoebic dysentery, or the plague, or possibly "African Death Sickness," it turned out, as I had surmised, to be the 24-hour flu. You know, the same one we get at home. Probably turned out to be a good thing in the end, I got to spend the whole day in bed, even got a little work done, but more importantly was able to watch Anchorman, Bourne Supremacy, Holy Grail (with the Eric Idle, Michael Palin and John Cleese commentary - which is hysterical by the way), and all of Series 2 of the Office all in one day. The chills, fever and body aches were but a small price to pay for entertainment like that. Alright, so it was a pretty big price to pay, but still...

- Got my first African haircut the other day. Now, those who know me now that I am VERY particular about my hair. Also, I rarely, if ever, trust me my hair to a non-Italian. Nevertheless, I set out Tuesday, got in a minibus and made the short trip to Riverside Mall in Rondebosch for the Step Ahead Salon. I was a bit less apprehensive than I might normally have been as Kevin had already gotten a decent haircut there, still, not being in Franco's trusted hands gave me pause. Luckily, a very nice woman named Beverly took good care of me and I got a very good haircut. Thus, I can continue to be my incredibly sexy self for another 4-6 weeks.

- Contemplating going to Namibia for Spring Break. Anybody with any thoughts on the matter, drop them in a comment. A bunch of us are thinking of flying to Windhoek, driving through Etosha National Park for 3-4 days, seeing lions, tigers and...well, rhinos, I guess, before heading to the coast at Swakopmund and Walvis Bay for a day or two of sandboarding, etc. before returning to Windhoek and flying home.

- Finally, blogging might become a bit more infrequent over the next week or two. I have all three of my midterm papers due in fairly short order. So, if you don't hear from me for a while, rest assured, I have not succumbed to "African Death Sickness" I'm just in term paper hell.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Christine said...

My opinion on the Namibia thing is of course you should go, and we should work something out where we all meet up in Swakupmond or something like that, so I can kick your ass on the 4x4s and show you how it's really done.